Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Tips- Be Your Own Florist & Save

Todays thursday tip might look familiar to those of you from tips to better living or other forums I am active on :) But you can save a TON of money by doing your own flowers.

Because I was doing so much other things for my wedding I decided to use fake flowers. I bought ours at Michaels during a half off sale so I could afford the real looking ones. Foam fake flowers especially look very real, nobody had any idea that my flowers were fake. It was much easier then you would think and since I used fake I had plenty of time for trial and error. I got most of the ideas off the internet and would just play with it until I got something that I liked. I can't stress just how easy this was. It's not as hard as many think.

Plus fake flowers can be passed on and reused. I gave most the flowers used in my wedding to my best friends grandmother who makes great decorative pieces using fake flowers and other things.
I didn't get great pictures of all of the floral but I will post enough to give you an idea.

These were the crosages. they were pin on corsages:




Here was one of the crosages on a bridesmaid:


This was one of the boutineers:





This was one of the bridemaid's bouquets:



this was the miniture bride's bouquet, she wanted a bow so we added a bow to it before the ceremony ;-)


This was my bouquet:



This is another of my bouquet so you can see it in the light and my wrist corsage






This was the toss bouquet (caught my brother's then gf now fiance, who was wearing a purple dress so this was fabulous all around)



We got so many compliments on all the flowers. Including my engaged cousin and my husband's best man's fiance asking me what florist I used so they could go to them too. They were shocked when I said I did them myself. I've also since been asked to do bouquets for another friend that was at my wedding that recently got engaged, so you don't have to be a professional to do your own flowers :)

About Me

My photo

I'm a semi crunchy stay at home wife and mama of two boys. Extend Breastfeed, Cloth diaper, Cosleep, Babywear, Homeschool, Homebirth. My sons and I have some serious health concerns (allergies, growth hormone, kidney, lung, spine, etc...). We didn't realize they were genetic (or I had) until after Trace's birth. Tristian had some big medical and possibly/probably autism related delays in early childhood but also taught himself to read at 2yrs and started on math equations at 4yrs. Trace is bit delayed across the board by about 6 months, but as he's 1yr+ behind in height... it's not very noticable ;-) Trace is very musical and hands on. With plenty of common sense, love, good doctors and faith we are doing wonderfully!

This wonderful chapter in my life of discovering the green subculture has (mostly) ended. Living green on a budget has changed from the thrill of discovery to habit. This blog remains in rememberance- with occasionally crossover posting. I hope you join me- the same green mama on a budget, in a new blog celebrating life's daily experiences- LIFE O'KAY http://lifeokay.blogspot.com/ Still lots of crafts & crunchiness- with even more sweet family moments.

Question? Request? Suggestion? Something Else?
Email Me!
Calynl
(at)Gmail(dot)com

We are HAPPY to post coupons and discounts related to this blog!