Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring Is Here!!!

Sorry I was out of commision the last few days but I'm back :) Here's a quick rundown of what spring is bringing to Green Mama :)

Mama Made Mondays- I will be starting a new batch of Mama Made Mondays soon so am looking forward to learning about tons of new work at home moms and their products and how you are to!

Tasty Tuesdays- Since spring is here and many of us will possibly (dare I say hopefully?) find ourselves with more produce then we can use over the warm seasons the next several Tasty Tuesdays will be focusing on simple recipes for salvaging produce that has started to go astray. I will not be going into how to can things like applesauce or jams right now, but will possibly get to that closer to fall, depending.

These will be simple recipes that don't require any more special equipement then you find in the average kitchen, no mills or dehydrators- just pots, pans and maybe a slow cooker here or there as an alternative. We'll get into more complicated things later, but let's start with the basics :)

I'll be featuring things like using browning bananas for banan bread, soft apples for applesauce, soft peaches for cobbler, how soft blackberries make the best pancakes and soft blueberries make excellent muffins.

Winning Wednesdays- I've been super excited about the contests Green Mama has gotten to feature lately and hope there will be many more to come! Along with continuing to post freebies I find, coupons and other big deals!

Thursday Tips- I've got tons of ideas I think you all are going to love for Thursday Tips as we move through spring and into the summer. Including some gardening and composting ideas and walkthroughs, some crafty homemade ideas and more. We are doing some major home improvements with the yard and outside of the house, so be prepared for that to influence what you read. I plan on tips ranging from sewing up quick and easy tote bags, putting up a fence, siding your own house and installing an astetically pleasing compost pile :)

Father Fashioned/ Follow up Fridays- I just haven't been able to find enough work at home homemade dad products, so Fridays will be a mix of follows up on past events (pictures of winners with their products and stories about readers that have used Green Mama tips, recipes and ect...) and will still have some Father Fashioned features when I can find them :)

So that's the down low on what you can expect from Green Mama in the coming seasons :)

About Me

My photo

I'm a semi crunchy stay at home wife and mama of two boys. Extend Breastfeed, Cloth diaper, Cosleep, Babywear, Homeschool, Homebirth. My sons and I have some serious health concerns (allergies, growth hormone, kidney, lung, spine, etc...). We didn't realize they were genetic (or I had) until after Trace's birth. Tristian had some big medical and possibly/probably autism related delays in early childhood but also taught himself to read at 2yrs and started on math equations at 4yrs. Trace is bit delayed across the board by about 6 months, but as he's 1yr+ behind in height... it's not very noticable ;-) Trace is very musical and hands on. With plenty of common sense, love, good doctors and faith we are doing wonderfully!

This wonderful chapter in my life of discovering the green subculture has (mostly) ended. Living green on a budget has changed from the thrill of discovery to habit. This blog remains in rememberance- with occasionally crossover posting. I hope you join me- the same green mama on a budget, in a new blog celebrating life's daily experiences- LIFE O'KAY http://lifeokay.blogspot.com/ Still lots of crafts & crunchiness- with even more sweet family moments.

Question? Request? Suggestion? Something Else?
Email Me!
Calynl
(at)Gmail(dot)com

We are HAPPY to post coupons and discounts related to this blog!